Music / Soundtrack Licensing

A Roadshow PPL licence does not cover any fees that may be due to music collection societies such as APRA (Australian Performing Rights Association) or PPCA (Phonographic Performance Company of Australia).  People wishing to show a film in public are also required to obtain a licence through APRA and PPCA to play the music contained in any soundtrack to a movie.

For more information, see  and

Similarly, a holder of an APRA or PPCA licence does not have the right to perform a film in public without the consent and payment of appropriate fees to Roadshow PPL.