Bus and Coach
Roadshow PPL has a
blanket licence scheme specifically for
coaches. The blanket licence is available to all coaches, whether Tourist, Charter or Long Distance.
If you are interested in a blanket licence you will need to register and pay a fee of $180.00
plus gst for each individual coach.
Each licence runs for a calendar year, with no discount
for registrations made part way through the year. DVD movies must be played via TV screens
mounted in the cabins. This licence does not permit play back or screening
seat-back system or any other method such as wi-fi delivery to a personal hand-held device.
A tourist bus service
is a public passenger service which is either:
- a pre-booked service designed for the carriage of tourists to destinations listed on a publicly available tour itinerary, or
- a service designed for the carriage of tourists where all passengers have a common origin or a common destination (or both)
A charter bus service
is a public passenger service in which a bus and the
services of a driver are pre-booked to take passengers for an agreed fee, but only if:
- The hirer is entitled to determine the route and the time of travel, and
- All passengers' journeys have a common origin or a common destination (or both), and
- Individual fares are not payable by the passengers (either to the operator or the driver) and
- The service is not provided according to regular routes and timetables.
A long distance bus service
is a public passenger service conducted according to regular routes, in which each passenger is carried for at least 40 kilometres.
* As per NSW Government Transport website information.